Announcing The Griffin Center for Women’s Hair Loss
Our mission at Dermatology Associates of Atlanta (DAA) is to provide our patients with the highest quality of skincare from head to toe, and that includes the scalp and hair. For nearly 40 years, the Griffin Center of Hair Restoration and Research has been a leader in hair loss diagnosis and treatment. Despite the fact that female hair loss is rather common, we’ve found that there is little emphasis on specialized hair loss treatments for women, even though hair loss can be highly different from one gender to another. As a result, we’re pleased to announce our newest specialty center, founded by Dr. Edmond Griffin and Dr. Ashley Curtis: The Griffin Center for Women’s Hair Loss.
Because women’s hair loss can be caused by a number of factors, our new specialty center is built around an emphasis on accurate and thorough diagnosis. By identifying whether your hair loss is affected by underlying health conditions, medications, hormonal changes, hairstyle choices, or other causes, we can more effectively address your condition and can tailor your hair restoration to your individual needs.
After we develop a thorough understanding of your hair loss, we’ll be able to recommend the ideal treatment plan for you. While hair restoration surgery is an option for many, most women will benefit from a non-surgical strategy involving some of the following treatments:
- Red Light Laser Therapy: Concentrated red-spectrum light is used to reduce inflammation and increase the energy production around the targeted hair follicles.
- LaserCap: This low-level red light laser therapy can be used either in-office or at home
- Natural Growth Factors: Components of your own blood are used to stimulate shrinking hair follicles.
- Custom Blended Prescription Compounds: Dr. Griffin or Dr. Curtis will design a topical medication that is formulated specifically for your scalp.
- Home Hair Care: Boost the effects of your treatments by using our specialized premium line of hair care products which stimulate hair growth while slowing the thinning process.
At DAA, we’re honored to be able to offer more individualized care to an important and underserved group of patients, and we look forward to The Griffin Center for Women’s Hair Loss being a resource that helps women of all ages to restore their confidence. To start your journey toward stopping and reversing your hair loss, schedule a consultation at The Griffin Center for Women’s Hair Loss. Or, to learn more about hair restoration and other dermatology news, join us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.