If you are a patient of ours or a frequent reader of our blog posts, you’re surely familiar with our mission of providing skin care from head to toe. And that means more than just caring for the complexion. We believe that in addition to the skin, a person’s hair and nails also deserve the same kind of love and attention. While hair and nail professionals can help keep these areas looking great, our board-certified dermatology experts have what it takes to promote healthy and vibrant skin, hair, and nails that contribute to full body wellness. With this in mind, we were happy to provide a few tips to help anyone looking to take better care of their skin, hair, and nails.
Tips for Skin Health:
- Healthy sleep habits and successful stress management are as critical to skin quality as any other factors.
- Sleeping on your back can help reduce the appearance of “sleep lines” that develop on the face and chest.
- Eating a healthy diet rich in vegetables, fatty fish (like salmon), and vitamin A can greatly increase the health of a person’s skin.
- Wear sunscreen year-round, even on cloudy days.
Tips for Hair Health:
- Making sure to get your hair cut on a regular basis can help improve hair health by removing that would otherwise split.
- If you experience hair thinning, try shielding your hair from sources of considerable heat which can damage it further. That means avoiding curling irons, flat irons, and hot combs when possible, and only using the lowest heat settings on your blow dryer.
- Prioritize a diet with hair-healthy nutrients including zinc, iron, and vitamins.
- Avoid wearing year hair in especially tight hairstyles that can cause strain and potentially lead to traction alopecia.
Tips for Nail Health:
- Take a proactive approach to preventing nail fungus, the most common condition that affects the health of toenails.
- Keep feet clean and dry (especially after working out), look out for signs of fungal infection, and treat any fungal skin infections of the feet promptly to avoid further infections or fungus issues.
Our board-certified dermatology experts perform a wide variety of treatments for common and even uncommon skin, hair, and nail issues in the case that one should occur. This includes performing laser treatments, non-surgical hair restoration treatments, and so much more. For more information on our available dermatology treatments, contact Dermatology Associates of Atlanta to schedule an appointment today. You can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more skin care tips and practice updates.