Wrinkles are inevitable. Even the best skincare routine cannot stop our body’s natural aging process. Luckily, advancements in medical technology provide patients with many treatments that can minimize and smooth wrinkles and general signs of aging. At Dermatology Associates of Atlanta, we understand our patients’ desire to look their best and age gracefully. That is why we are focusing our January skin condition of the month on wrinkles.
What are Wrinkles, and How Do They Occur?
The most simplistic answer is wrinkles are lines that appear on the skin. However, the medical explanation is a bit more detailed. Wrinkles are lines and creases that occur in the middle layer of your skin, also known as the dermis. The dermis layer is responsible for producing collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid. These three components are mainly responsible for retaining our youthful appearance. As the body’s natural aging process occurs, the production of these components decreases, causing our skin to lose its elasticity and plumpness. This is what causes wrinkles to begin appearing. Further compounding this natural aging process are other factors such as genetics, sun exposure, and everyday facial expressions which accelerate the development of wrinkles.
We offer a variety of treatments to address wrinkles, and many of these treatments can be used in conjunction with one another for maximum results. Some of our most popular treatments include:
- Botox® and Dysport® are neurotoxins that relax the muscles responsible for crow’s feet, frown lines, and memory lines, leaving you with a rested and youthful appearance.
- Restylane® and Juvéderm® are fillers that contain hyaluronic acid and are used to restore plumpness to your skin and smooth the appearance of wrinkles.
- Sculptra® contains poly-L-lactic acid, which works with your body to stimulate new collagen production and restore lost facial volume.
- Radiesse® is a filler that contains calcium hydroxylapatite, which restores volume loss, and stimulates new collagen production.
- Fraxel® Laser Treatment uses laser light to create microscopic wounds on the face triggering the body’s healing process. The healing process will encourage the production of new collagen and healthy skin cells.
- Cartessa™ Tetra utilizes CoolPeel® advanced technology to deliver a fully-ablative treatment that encourages the production of new collagen, with less downtime than other CO2 laser treatments.
Other Wrinkle Treatments:
- Chemical Peels
- Fat Transfer
- Ultherapy Skin Tightening
- PRX-T 33 BioRevitalization
- Over 100 Skincare Products
Getting Expert Care at Dermatology Associates of Atlanta
We may not be able to stop wrinkles from occurring, but we can delay their progression. The treatments presented here are just the beginning of what Dermatology Associates of Atlanta offers. If you desire to minimize and smooth your wrinkles, schedule a consultation with one of our dermatologists, dermatologic physician assistants, or Skin Medics™ Medical Spa experts. We look forward to helping you meet your aesthetic goals with a customized treatment plan that will leave you feeling refreshed and renewed. For additional skin care tips and practice updates, follow us on Facebook and Instagram.