10 Tips for Beautiful Hands and Nails from Dermatology Associates of AtlantaDermatology News, Uncategorized Atlanta cosmetic services, atlanta dermatology, nail health indicators, nail product line, nail products, tips for healthy nails
Ignoring your nails? Maybe your beauty priorities need a revamp. Hands and nails with an unkempt appearance are a quick turn off to others and can detract from a well-presented appearance. For added convenience, Dermatology Associates of Atlanta makes many healthy hand, nail, and foot products that are available in our online store! Read below to uncover options to get your digits in tip top shape.
1. Beauty starts from within. Elon Matrix Plus Nail Supplement provides 3,000 mcg Biotin, L-Cysteine and Silica, clinically proven to improve nail quality & increase nail strength in about 6 months.
2. Just as you must maintain moisture in your skin to prevent wrinkles and texture issues, Moisture is also essential to keeping nails young-looking. Elon Nail Conditioner will rebuild your dry, brittle nails.
3. Don’t cut your cuticles! Cuticles serve as a natural barrier for bacteria and fungus.
4. If you have unsightly hair on hands and feet, you may want to consider one of our hair removal methods with laser hair removal. Schedule a Hair Removal Cosmetic Treatment Consultation by calling (404) 256-4457.
5. If you need a total overhaul of your nail beauty supply, try Dermalect Nail Recovery System, which includes Rejuevenail Fortifying Nail & Cuticle Treatment, Laughpad Nail Strengthener, High Maintenance Instant Nail Thickener, and Makeover Ridge Filler.
6. For those who seek freedom from age signs on hands, NIA 24 Sun Damage Repair for Decolletage and Hands or Z. Bigatti Re-Storation Enhance Hand & Nail Cream are great options.
7. Don’t forget about your feet! Try Cosmesis Rejuvenating Foot Cream to reap the benefits of potent antioxidants, vitamins, tea extracts, and powerful anti-aging ingredients or Dermalect Runway Ready Luxury Foot Treatment for improvement of foot skin.
8. Nail condition can be an indicator of overall health, good and bad. Healthy nails should have the following qualities: pinkish color from cuticle to edge of nail bed, moisturized but hard, smooth throughout, a firm attachment to nail bed, and side edges that stop while still on top of your finger. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, if your nails stray from these attributes, there is possibility of a problem. Look out for the following and their possible causes:
- • White nails: Potential liver condition
- • Half pink/half white nails: Potential Kidney disease
- • Yellowing and thickening with a slowed growth: Potential Lung disease
- • Pale nail beds: Potential Anemia
- • Yellowed nails with slight blush at base: Potential Diabetes
- • Potential Osteoporosis also can be detected in nails
9. If you have had a nail fungus in the past and suffer from discolored nails, Pedinol nail scrub can aid in cleansing, bleaching, smoothing out rough thickened nails.
10. Show off your buffed and beautiful nails with a variety of OPI polishes! Pamplona Purple and DS Classic are perfect for the upcoming fall season.
Be sure to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ for more nail care product news and information.